Thursday, March 4, 2010

Someone You Should Know

I feel like I should post, but I don't really know what about. So rather than another rambling blog I think I'll introduce you to someone.

Meet Monica. Wife of Zimba, Mother of "Zimba's girls", Cleaner of the guest house, Doer of my laundry, and all around great person.


She doesn't speak a lot of English so we don't talk a whole lot, but we get by. Really I put just about everything I know about her in that second paragraph. So yeah, that's Monica. She's one thick bowl of Nshima, as they say here in Zambia. Actually I just made that up. OK I'm through.

1 comment:

Jane said...

You are right, it was time to post again. I'm so thankful to meet this lady who has been serving you while you serve in Zambia. Anyone who would wash your laundry by hand is an all around great person. And, it is great to see your lovely face, or at least part of it :-)